- August 27, 2015
- FSMA PC Rule Readiness | Supplier Management Programs: Industry Best Practices August 27, 2015
Today’s food industry must strategically place greater emphasis on preventive measures for food safety and food defense. Food manufacturers have turned increasingly to global sources for their supplies. This globalization of supply forces manufacturers to look for more effective ways to coordinate the flow of products into and out of their facilities. Prevention requires that food safety be built in from the beginning with close interactions with suppliers, growers, and importers.
- June 25, 2015
- FSMA PC Rule Readiness | Environmental Monitoring: What is it?
As a part of the hazard analysis and the preventive control management components for the PCHF and PCAF Rules, there is a proposed requirement to ensure the effectiveness of the preventive controls as implemented in a facility’s food safety system.
- May 25, 2015
- FSMA PC Rule Readiness | Systems Thinking: What is it? May 25, 2015
Systems thinking is an approach to problem solving, by viewing "problems" as parts of an overall system, rather than reacting to specific parts, outcomes or events, and thereby potentially contributing to further development of unintended consequences. Systems thinking is not one thing but a set of habits or practices within a framework that is based on the belief that the component parts of a system can best be understood in the context of relationships with each other and with other systems, rather than in isolation. Systems thinking focuses on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect.
- March 19, 2015
- FSMA PC Rule Readiness | Food Safety Culture 101 – What is it? March 19, 2015
Culture is the actions and beliefs characteristic of a group. In simple terms, it is what we think, feel and do as a group based on our values. So then, what is Food Safety Culture? In the context of a food processing facility, it is the alignment of values and behaviors with respect to food safety; from management or owners through to frontline workers. The culture is led by management and it is driven down throughout the entire organization. It relies on a strong leadership team who has a solid vision of food safety.
- May 11, 2015
- FoodSHIELD's New Course on Web Conferencing Best Practices
- NCFPD has released a new training course on web conferencing best practices. Our training coordinator will run through all of the new components to make sure you host a professional and polished webinar.